DS2 - Eastern Battlefield and Sightseeing Tour
This tour gives an overview of the Battle of Guadalcanal Campaign that took place on the Island of Guadalcanal from 7th August 1942 till 9th Febuary 1943.
The following places will be visited during the tour.
- Red Beach (Site of landing)
- Military Hospital & Ichiki Monument at St Joseph's Tenaru School
- Alligator Creek Area
- Henderson Field Area
- Edson's Bloody Ridge
- Lungga Underground Camp
- Betikama Carvings and World War II Display
- Japanese Peace Park at Mt Austen
- US War Memorial at Skyline Ridge
Appropriate footwear and clothing to suit the local conditions such as hats, sunscreen, insect repellent and lots of water.
Destsolo Travel & Tours hires the following types of vehicles from transport owners to operate our tours:
- 25/26 Seater Bus
- 15 Seater Bus
- FWD Hilux
Book for more than 20 people, contact us directly
Pick ups from your hotel will be arranged prior to the commencement of the tour.